“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” Margaret Mead

Saturday, January 10, 2015

the cold doesn't bother me anyway

Happy New Year! 

Winter has arrived! Wasn't it just a few months ago we were complaining about it being too warm?! :)

One of the first questions kids will ask upon arrival to preschool - are we going outside today? This week the response has been... not today, it's too cold. They respond with - I brought my coat. It will keep me warm. Me - It's still too cold even with a warm coat. 


We've kicked off the return to preschool with a winter theme! Imagine that.

The Jacket I Wear in the Snow is the book we read this past week. An appropriate topic to focus on - wearing warm clothes in the cold and snow. I think the title should read - the PARKA I wear when the bone-chilling Kansas wind blows...


The Jacket I Wear in the Snow


Since we had "fresh" snow on the playground - I brought it inside - and put it in the sensory table.


cold hands don't bother us!!



how long did this last?
longer than you might think. :)

by Friday - the vote was for warm, soapy water!



Everyone was ready to be back at preschool this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment