“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” Margaret Mead

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Rockabye Crocodile

Day #2 of children's stories. I chose a favorite of mine, but knew some children were familiar with the story, Rockabye Crocodile by Jose Aruego and Ariane Dewey. If you are not familiar with this story, it is a folktale from the Philippines and emphasizes the importance of being kind and reaping the benefits of that verses being rude and grouchy and reaping something not as nice! 

Many years ago during my college years here at Hesston College, some friends and I recorded an audio version of this story. We used a cassette tape and stereo....that tells you what era I came from! I had forgotten we had done this until a few weeks ago, a college chum sent me this tape recording and so I had someone (more skilled than I) copy it onto a CD, to make it more modern. :) So, instead of me reading the story today, we listened to the audio recording as I turned the pages. The kids were entranced and I had them try to guess which character voice I was.....




The most important part of today was that we got to wear our pajamas and bring our stuffy/lovey's to preschool. It was a cozy, casual day at preschool.  

Painting at the easel in jammies

Cuddling with "puppy love"

Reading stories

Holding our stuffy/lovey's during large group times

Don't we just look so comfy?
I think we should have pajama day more often....

No comments:

Post a Comment