“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” Margaret Mead

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Firefighters

Children are imaginative in many ways. Today I overheard two children pretending to be firefighters and super heroes - all in one. That's amazing, isn't it? One child was talking on a play cell phone while the other was pushing buttons on a calculator. Let me call Bob, there is a fire! one child exclaimed. The other quickly pushed buttons on his calculator. And the play continued until the fire was put out. 

Here are the firefighters discussing a plan
in the tipi. I tried to get a picture earlier
when one of them was actually talking on the phone,
but I couldn't get the camera ready soon enough.

I want to be a firefighter too.
He wanted to join in after he heard
conversations of firefighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment