“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” Margaret Mead

Friday, October 13, 2017

In a jar!

Even a week later and we are still discovering more about bugs, or at least finding them around. Last week we found a bug crawling around the classroom, and so I found a glass jar with a lid that had holes in it to put the bug in. The children were fascinated and watched it for quite awhile (I think I blogged about that last week). They found an interesting bug outside on the playground on Thursday and asked for "the jar." I went inside to retrieve it and so the bug was again looked at by all!

That's what I so enjoy about preschool - the curiosity that children have - they are always seeking and finding interesting things.


Before the bug went into the jar,
this gal bravely picked it up and
tried to hold it.
It was quite wiggly.


Here's our new friend.


This one has nothing to do with bugs,
but all of these gals were sitting on the bench
together. I asked them what they were doing....
"hiding from the monster!"

No comments:

Post a Comment