“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” Margaret Mead

Friday, November 3, 2017

Christmas Boxes!

We have been learning a lot about people and children from "around the world," and so I presented the idea of packing 2 Christmas boxes (for Operation Christmas Child) to the MWF children during circle last week, and they seemed pretty excited about it. It took us less than a week to gather the items we needed, pack them and even create fun little cards for the children who will receive these boxes/gifts. I think it was an incredible lesson in giving to others. This was my first time to try this with children and I believe it was very successful, and I would definitely do it again. Thank you to all who gave! 

We are ready to start packing those
shoe boxes! And they were very
helpful, making sure each box had
exactly what it needed!
I even let them choose which
stuffed animal should go in each -
they discussed, voted and decided
on just the right one to put in each box.

One done, one more to go! 

Stamping card pictures for the children.

I printed out a picture of our class, each of
us signed our names. I thought it would
be neat to include our address on the back.
Who knows, maybe the child who receives
the box will write us a letter?!

No comments:

Post a Comment