“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” Margaret Mead

Friday, April 1, 2016

Future teacher

This week has been enjoyable reading various children's stories - familiar and some new stories too. I read a new to the children story today. It is called The Biggest Bear by Lynd Ward. It is an oldie but a goodie! Based on how the story started, I had to reassure the children that the outcome was good because I could sense they were a little worried about what might happen to the bear.....
They made some pretty interesting predictions about what might happen. 
The story was full of suspense and had a surprise ending. I hope to not stir up any negative thoughts about what you might see on the cover of this book - no animals perished during the reading of this book! 


A little bit later, during choice time, I observed this......

She was reading as if she was the teacher.
Holding the book just so.
"Reading" the story in her own words.
(I had to sneak around to get this picture because
she stopped reading when she noticed I was trying to get a picture....)

She just looked at the book when she saw
me taking a picture. 

Enjoy a good book this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment