“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” Margaret Mead

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Pretend play

I really enjoy watching children and how they perceive their world and use pretend play as an outlet for what they observe. Today, one gal gathered some books, a stuffed animal, bowls and a few other things and set up her space in the library area. She sat in the tub holding a book (as she has seen the teacher's do during group times) and started "reading." I had to be careful not to interrupt this play because she stopped when she noticed I was watching her; I had to be inconspicuous as I took a few pictures. She did tell me she was pretending to be a teacher.



And then a little bit later, more children joined in on the action......We had doctors and moms taking care of babies, etc....

Children often creatively use the library
for so much more than looking at books.

Look closely at the middle bookshelf. There
are all kinds of things being stored there.

No comments:

Post a Comment