“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” Margaret Mead

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Meet your teachers!

I asked the teachers these questions so you could get to know them better. 


1.     Where are you from? Briefly describe your family.
2.     What was your favorite food when you were a child?
3.     What is one of your favorite quotes?
4.     What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
5.     What is your favorite season of the year?
6.     What do you enjoy most about working with young children?
7.     What are your plans after Hesston College? What do you hope to be doing in 5 years?

Ms. Larisa:
1.   I grew up in Western Oklahoma, and have lived in Oregon, Colorado and now Kansas! I am married to Vic and we live in Wichita.
2.  Pizza (and still is!)
3.  Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it. (Anne of Green Gables.... Lauren Carns)
4.  Hiking/exploring nature
5.     Fall
6.  I have always enjoyed young children and their curiosity, creativity and imagination!
7.  I am currently completing my Masters in Early Childhood Education with a teacher certification B-K through K-State’s online program. It has been a work in progress and I hope to have this completed in 2 years. I have an AA from Hesston College and a BA from the University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Co. I have worked with younger (and older) children in various capacities for the past 23 years. This is my 12 year at Hesston College Preschool.

Ms. Naomi: 
I'm from Colorado (near Colorado Springs). I have a younger brother who is 12, my dad is a firefighter at the Air Force Academy, and my mom works as a substitute teacher at the local daycare center where we live. 
2. My favorite food when I was a child my favorite food was peaches. 
3. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. My favorite indoor activity is any art activity. My favorite outdoor activity is swinging on the swings. 
5. I like fall and spring both equally. 
6. I really enjoy being able to share the moment when they are finally able to do stuff and they have that light bulb moments. 
7. After Hesston I plan to go back to Colorado to finish my degree. I am looking at going to either UCCS or UNC for colleges. In 5 years I hope to be teaching in a preschool somewhere back in Colorado. 

Ms. Renee
 1.  I am from Wellman, Iowa. I have a twin sister who studies at Goshen College, a dad who is a car used car dealer, and a mom who is a Kindergarten teacher. 
2.    Any type of pasta! 
3.   "Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." -Mark Twain
4.   My favorite outdoor activities are running and hiking. 
5.    My favorite season is Fall. 
6.   I enjoy seeing children grow and change throughout the time I work with them. 
7.   I plan on getting my Bachelor's degree (although I don't know where yet) and then I will eventually teach in a classroom of my own! 

Ms. Laura

1. I am from Norwich, KS. I am a triplet; I have 2 sisters. My dad is a farmer and takes care of cows, wheat, soybeans, and milo.
2. My favorite food was pizza.
3. Don’t carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones.
4.  Doing ceramics or crafts
5. My favorite season is spring.
6.  To see them get excited about what we are teaching in school.
7.   I am not sure what I am going to do after Hesston. I may go to school at Wichita State or get a job after graduation.  In five years, I hope to be a teacher, teacher assistant or work in a daycare.


No comments:

Post a Comment